View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
HotRodMomma
Yorkie Talker

Default More than a little mad..........

My husband and I drive 800 RT to pickup our Priscilla, 2 weeks ago this Saturday. She was born on 7/5/12, which made her a tad over 10 weeks when we picked her up.

She is a tiny gal (not why we chose her)...her brothers were quite a bit bigger than her. She is from a littler of 5. We met her Mom, she weighed in at 4.5 lbs - 5 lbs. Did not get to meet Dad, told he was 5 lbs.

While I am fully aware that where we live, dogs must come with a health certificate..she did not. The breeder gave her a shot while we were there, and another worming. We spent 1 hr there speaking with the breeder and playing with the pup.

I brought her to our Vet that week, dropped her off for her checkup etc. Imagine my suprise the Vet states she is 6 weeks old. Now I am not sure about this. Yes, she is small. But her teeth are all there, sharp as heck..no issues with eating Royal # 29 dry food. No excessive crying, whinning, looking at my large breed dog as "Momma" or anything like that.

CRAP. I have CKC papers on her (which I could care less about)...that stated her DOB as well. Called the Breeder, who SWEARS her DOB is correct...went into the whole story on how pups were born day after her mother died etc etc. She did say she would take her back. Of course I said heck no.

I have zero experience with Yorkie babies...large breeds (Boxer) yes. BUT I can tell you, if she is only 6 weeks, that would have made her 4 1/2 weeks when we picked her up and I SURE as heck would have known that, experience with Yorkies or not!!! I not sure my Vet is correct...I love her to death, but she can be a rushed ditzy gal sometimes!

The only thing that I question to her age is her coat...It is very thick and short..almost like a baby Rottweiler.

Sorry this is so long...just in a quandry here.
HotRodMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!