View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
luvlee
YT Addict

First, I don't think you have a mean puppy. You didn't mention his age but I'm presuming he's a pup/young. Second, yorkies are prone to becoming stressed. In a new environment, your baby could be reacting to stress and fear. Introducing your small pup to other dogs or even people is good but it should be done carefully.

When we first got Lucy, my kids' friends would follow her around and grab at her fur and cheeks -- it drove me crazy. It also freaked Lucy out a bit! She's now a lot more tentative when it comes to other humans. I really can't blame her. As I explained to my kids, imagine your just walking along and all of a sudden 4 or 5 big hands swoop down and start pawing at your face! No body would like that! How utterly annoying and fear provoking.

Now, likewise, placing a small puppy along side a large German Shepard (from the yorkie's perspective) must indeed be stressful. I think your baby may have been afraid. Expecting an immediate bond and friendship between the two pets may be unrealistic. More gentle introductions may be warranted - especially for smaller yorkies.

If your puppy remains upset and afraid, you should probably speak to the vet or even a good trainer.

Good luck.
luvlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!