View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
Gerber just issued a recall for bits of broken glass.

Please check your jars for the recall notice and numbers
That maybe just a rumor. I've heard about a banana Gerber's baby food recall, under urban legends. Snopes said that the company recalled a batch of banana baby food because one consumer said that they found one piece of glass. When only one person finds something, you don’t really know if the company did it, but they did the responsible thing and recalled the whole batch. By the way, this happened in France. snopes.com: Banana Baby Food Glass Warning

I would, however, be concerned about the baby food, and the fact that some has onion in it. Onion has a cumulative effect on dogs, and eventually can cause a form of hemolytic anemia called Heinz body anemia. “a condition that causes the destruction of red blood cells. Kidney damage may follow. It is not clear what quantity of onions is poisonous, but the effects can be cumulative. Poisoning can result from raw, cooked and dehydrated forms. Avoid feeding table scraps and any foods cooked with onions (including some baby foods).”
Dangerous and Toxic Foods and Your Dog - People Foods That Can Be Poisonous to Dogs

Join today and remove this ad!