Thread: male? female?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
breezylover328
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 male? female?

hey everyone!

SO! The time has come.. I am planning on getting another dog! not quite sure if it will be another Yorkie (not by choice, but by being able to find one at a shelter) even though i wish i could afford to get another one
Anyway, my current Yorkie is a male.. so im not sure if i should be looking to get a female or a male as the new addition... i read that putting 2 male terriers together could lead to fighting.. but I am not sure if that is true.
Any suggestions..? advice..? ANYTHING?
(more info on breezy below)

So i want to give you a little back ground on Breezy. he just turned 4 this past August and he is about 10 lbs (not over weight). He is quite calm and doesn't just bark for anything. The only time he barks is if someone knocks on the door or if he hears a noise and cant figure out where its coming from (another apartment front door being shut loudly) he doesn't even bark if he hears another dog barking. He is however, very protective over me. He will walk right up to the biggest dog and look straight up at them without any issue. He may be slightly timid around new dogs but opens up pretty easily since he had a German Shepard best friend for about 3 years of his life. She was a female which makes me think a female would be better as the new addition. He is defiantly the little investigator like Yorkie s like to be so he doesn't have a problem checking out other dogs The new dog will defiantly be small like him since i do live in a apartment.

All this info on Breezy probably wasn't necessary but I don't know if it would affect the sex of the new dog. I really need any type of advice and suggestions any one can offer! Should i get a male or a female for the new addition? Does it matter? Any tips on introducing?

Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
male? female?-breezy-9-24-12.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!