View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
KimInMD
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Omg Terrible, Horrible Hawk!

Yesterday was such a pretty day. We were in the yard with "the girls". I heard a hawk call out, very close by, and in a panic, my mom, hubby and I began running around the yard grabbing up dogs. I'm hollering "get em, quick, get em", as I scan the trees and sky overhead. He was so close, and coming in fast. We are headed up the steps, out of breath, with our hearts pounding and our arms full of Yorkies when a big old BLUEJAY flies past, doing the best imitation of a hawk I've ever heard. That dirty bird was just laughing at us! They are master imitators. Mom, George and I just stood there on the steps and burst out laughing. The dogs are looking at us like "what the heck's going on? It's such a pretty day, and we were having fun playing in the yard, now you've snatched us up and are running wildly with us like we are footballs, trying to save us from the awful, scary, horrible, dangerous BLUEJAY??? Really, do we need this momma drama?" Ah yes, life with little, tiny dogs! Danger lurks around every turn. Now we can add the terrifying Bluejay to our list. Ohhh dear!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!