View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Does anyone have a cottage style house?

A few months ago we bought a late 1940's cottage style house...complete with dormers, a nursery dormer attached to the master bedroom (which will be repurposed into a sitting area) french doors going into the sunroom, oak floors, yellow pine wookwork that has never been painted (yess!) arched doorways, a swinging door from the kitchen to the dining room and a ton more...all on a double corner lot!

Surprisingly, the rooms are huge and so are the closets.

Anyway, I love this little house and I would like to decorate it as it should be. We will be removing the front steps and building a porch across the front next year...adding some stone across the front and shake shingle siding on the rest with white shutters. I want a white picket fence and lots of hastas in the landscaping and a pink Dogwood tree in the front yard.

We have remodeled many homes but never a cottage style home. I want it to be done like it should but not overdone on the inside. I want a 'clean' cottage style interior...not the heavy shabby chic or French country style you see in a lot of cottages.

Does anyone have any pictures or websites I could see?
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!