View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
sobershea
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Potty Trains Frightened Rescue

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been browsing the training threads. Our issue is we rescued a 2.? Yorkie and are trying to train him. We live in a condo and we take him out every two hours. IF, and that's a big IF, there are no noises outside I can get him to pee after several attempts. If I just take him out and don't instruct him to pee he just noses around. So I take him to his spot and tell him "go pee" which he seems to understand. We live in the country and there is a firing range in the distance. If there is any gun fire, or any other loud noise, he just shakes and won't pee. That's what happened today so we gave up figuring we could try in a half hour. Unfortunately, while hubby was in the basement, Cooper peed in the basement. I can't blame him if he is terrified of noises but how do I prevent him from peeing in the house after an aborted attempt like today? I trained my last dog (at the Rainbow Bridge) from a puppy and he would ask to go out. How will I ever get this little guy to do that? We have only had Cooper about three weeks so I need to get on the right program before I make too many mistakes. Thanks for any suggestions.
sobershea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!