View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
RileyDC
BANNED!

Cry Riley taken to ER Vet Last Night

So Riley had his two-year checkup yesterday and got an excellent report...

He was given a Da2-Cpv vaccination at around 8:20a.m. and then we went over to my parents house. He was scratching a little at the site where the vaccine was given but that was it.

When we got home around 3pm He removed himself and got onto my bed which He is only ever done when he's not feeling well. I went in there to check on him and I flipped him over he had A few hives on his tummy and I noticed that his eyelids were extremely pink and very swollen. I immediately gave him half a Benadryl which Cleared him up, put him to sleep and he rested for several hours. When he woke he was acting a bit disoriented and going to strange places in the house And I could just tell that he wasn't feeling all that well. I got him and put him up on the couch with me where I noticed his heart beating a little faster and then he started panting... So at 10 PM last night off to the ER that we went.

They confirmed it was a reaction to the vaccine and gave him a shot of Benadryl and wanted to monitor him for about 40 minutes. They said other than that his vitals were good and he seemed to be breathing fine. They said they felt comfortable sending him home with me as long as I felt comfortable taking him... Otherwise they would keep him overnight. I brought him home and they told me just to monitor his breathing and I can give him half a Benadryl every eight hours... If he Starts having problems with breathing, starts vomiting or having diarrhea they want me to bring them back... They said in the future to just make sure the vet gives him a shot of Benadryl about 30 minutes before the vaccine.

I gave him half a Benadryl at 6am... I can tell this morning that he still is not feeling 100%... They said he should be back to normal within a couple of days.
RileyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!