View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Nanee5
Yorkie Yakker

Yes, I called the cops, obviously. According to animal control here, unless a dog bites a person, it is not an offense. Anyway, the pit owner was not home, and she was on a chain, but had gotten off while he was gone. I know she was just being territorial, but still. He is very apologetic about the incident and IS taking care of the vet bill, even though it is a little at a time. I know times are hard for everyone, and at least I didn't have to take him to court and he was more than willing to do the right thing.

My daughter is almost 21 (oldest of 5 kids, others are almost 19, 15, 11 and 6) and she did have a very hard time for the first week. She felt like it was her fault, and thought she could have done something different. I think I am gonna get her a pepper spray soon...

And, Gizzy is on very strong antibiotics for sure. The first ones weren't strong enough, so the vet changed him over to 2 different liquid ones. He was very good with him, and from what I read online, almost every dog bite to another dog ends up with an abscess. :-/

Thanks to you all for the support, kind words, and prayers!
Nanee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!