Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensy View Post
Bentley is adjusting well to our new home. I adore him! He's so cute when I come home, he whines until I pick him up and he needs lots of attention which we are all willing to give!

He is 18 weeks old now. When we got him he had all of his initial puppy shots. I'm wondering when he should see the vet and what's next on his docket for health? The breeder I got him from suggested I wait 6 months until I neuter him. Is that too long to have him wait for an exam?

Thanks!
Congratulations on your new baby!! When you got him, did you take him in for a vet check? Usually, the breeders will have you take him in for a vet check, just to reassure you the baby is indeed healthy when you got him. If you did not have this initial vet visit, I would suggest you go ahead and do this now...if you have a health guarantee in your contract, you dont want to do anything that can be used (by a breeder that may be so inclined) to get out of assisting you in the event the pup becomes ill. Be sure you take your health record on the baby so your vet can record that he has gotten his puppy shots, so he doesnt want to re-vaccinate the baby. Now may be a great time to discuss vaccination protocols with your vet....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!