View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Nanee5
Yorkie Yakker

Default My nightmare the past week or so...

Hello all.. it's been awhile since I have been on here, but I wanted to come on and tell you what happened and has been happening since last week. My daughter took our yorkie walking last Wednesday (the 12th) and while on their walk, Gizmo was attacked by a Pitbull. My daughter was obviously traumatized by having to see it happen and couldn't do anything about it. But..the pitbull didn't attack her, thank God, and Gizmo was not killed. If he had been a little yorkie he would have surely, but he weighs 12 lbs, so I am grateful. Anyway.. we took him to the vet. He had 1 bad puncture that was deep on his right side and 2 three inch rips down his left. Doc stapled him up, and he came back home. Well, apparently dog bites in other dogs are really nasty, and the wounds abscessed and busted. That happened Sunday. Well, since then, his surrounding skin has been rotting away and he looks like a zombie. Huge holes in his side...gross. The first side to ulcerate is a little better and finally closing up some. On a good note, he acts normal now, and is eating well and barking at everything that goes by the window again. Has anyone else ever had this happen to their puppy's skin after a bite or attack? We go back on Monday to get remaining staples out...
Nanee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!