View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
I have heard the new electric smooth tops ranges heat up and cool down much quicker now
I have the glass top range now and I like the look but I don't like to cook on it. The heat goes on and off to 'maintain' an even cooking temp but it still takes a while to heat up and they don't cool off very quickly, which means that when something is done cooking you have to set it on a trivet on the counter top instead of just putting the lid on the pan and leaving it on the stove. My set isn't even a year old so it is up to date.

The glass top can be easy or hard to clean...I wipe mine down immediately if something spills on it and that helps.

It does have a rapid preheat option for the oven though and I do like that, plus it's convection, steam cleaning and all of that.

I am happy with the Whirlpool Gold group I bought but they are staying with the house so I will have to buy new ones. I'll have to see if they have a dual fuel stove...

Oh, and, just an FYI in case you do go with a smooth top stove. You know those small cabinets that are always above a stove? Well, take my advice...don't be like my son and ignore this...don't ever store anything heavy in those cabinets...those are for things like paper plates or plastic cups. Why? Because when you store a glass Corningware lid up there and one day it falls onto the glass cooktop...the cooktop breaks and you have to pay out the nose for a new one. Yah...he should have listened to good ol' Mom on that one!
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!