View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

I have a jenn air dual fuel slide in with a center down draft. I love the duel fuel concept and cooking with gas, however I hate the jen air range, for lots of reasons. One it is dirty and a bitch to clean. Most combo ovens and cooktooks seem to have shorter life spans that the conv. ranges. ours is a slide in which means it is made to fool the eye that the range and oven are separate because there is no back panel. So that means all the controls are on the front between the burner and the oven door. Since the control panel is close to the heat with this design it makes the panel short out fairly quick, I have had mine repaired three or four times in 12 years and will be shopping for a new range soon. But I am screwed because it is built in to our granite countertop plus we have the gas line and the big downdraft motor and no hood overhead. I have heard the new electric smooth tops ranges heat up and cool down much quicker now, and they sure are cleaner, but yes there is that allure of range top gas cooking so I don't know what we will do. Oh and because of so many problems I have an appliance repair program with our gas provider, my range has made the plan very worthwhile.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!