View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Default How do you stand it...

...when your first Yorkie snarls at your new puppy?!?!

I know that I'm supposed to let them work the hierarchy out on their own and that I'm supposed to stay out of it unless things get out of hand. But I'm having a hard time!!!! My knee-jerk reaction is to tell Chloe to be nice! I do better when I can understand why Chloe is upset (like if Karli has just jumped on her or something) but when Karli is just minding her own business...it's hard!

The new puppy (Karli) is just so little and she wants so badly to play with Chloe (our 3 year old). It breaks my heart when Chloe is mean to her!! And I feel sorry for Chloe because she just seems so miserable. She rarely lays down for long, is pacing constantly. She doesn't want to be in a different room from where all the action is but she doesn't really want to be around Karli either!

We've only had Karli since Friday...so not even a week yet. I know it just takes time. I guess I'm just looking for some moral support and encouragement that I'm doing the right thing! Other than Chloe being nice and Karli constantly trying to escape the baby gates, this new puppy is a BREEZE! We've only had two accidents which we caught her in the middle of both times; she always goes potty when we take her outside; she is even recognizing her name and coming when called! Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way!
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!