View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

I've had a pack most of my adult life, I get asked all the time how I keep up with such a large pack, and I just smile. It's really not hard when you've got everyone in a routine, and everyone gets along. They all know when I grab my keys they go running for their crates or x-pens so they get their cookie before I go anywhere - All except for Aiyana, who is also my service dog (I have MS, and at times, I couldn't function without her at all!), so Aiyana ALWAYS goes with me when I go anywhere. And the cats are simple - I cheat, I have self cleaning boxes, so all I have to do is change the litter every week or two, and clean the deposit things every day, and the boxes pretty much take care of themselves! Add to that several water fountains through the house as water sources for both dogs and cats - and taking care of the pack is pretty easy most days! Most of mine are seniors, which also helps. All the Afghans are now, only 1 of my Italian Greyhounds are, but except for my crazy little Martini, all have been show trained, and well socialized, so they're very easy to live with - Martini, well, what can we say, every family needs a rebel HAHAHA
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!