View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Default The rest of my family

Since I haven't posted in awhile until Benji died, I think some have forgot that, in addition to my love of Yorkies that my little Benji is responsible for, I do have quite a family of other babies, I'll post pictures later, but here's who else I share my heart and home with.

- Hannah, my longest companion, she just turned 8 in August, she's been with me since 10 weeks old and was the NAUGHTIEST puppy ever, Hannah is a beautiful red pied Italian Greyhound. Right now we're having quite a battle with Evan's Syndrome (2 auto immune monsters attacking together - IMHA and IMTP), thankfully at the moment she's been stable for 3 weeks, but we're still watching her close, and I'm grateful for every day, it's been a long battle, but I think she's winning it!
- Aiyana, my special princess, also an Italian Greyhound. I love all my kids, but it's no secret - Aiyana owns me. She's now 4 1/2, she was born in my bed back when I actively showed Italian Greyhounds, and has been my special little baby girl from day one. She was as much Benji's mommy as I was, she adored that little guy, and is still having a hard time not having him to baby. She will always be my #1 no matter what happens in life!
- Sara Jane, my brat child LOL Sara is a half sister to Aiyana's dad, I got her with the intention of getting back into the show ring, but at 1 1/2 now, she's barely 13" tall, and only just over 6 lbs. Just to small to be competitive, even though she's within the breed standard. So my little wild child just gets to be the spoiled brat of the family.

- Martini Miracle, my rescue IG - Technically a foster, but unless an extremely special home comes for her, she will never leave. 3 of her 4 legs are deformed, and she requires alot of special care. But don't let that fool you - She's a maniac! She can run faster then I can, gets into as much or more trouble then Sara, and is quite a little handful! She turned 1 today, and is such a special little angel!

- Lola, my retired show Afghan, now nearing 8 years old, she's not even close what I'd consider a senior, she's active and silly, and LOVES to play! I'm sure she'll continue to delight me for many more years to come!!! She is responsible for my love of Afghans, the breeder she came from knew there was something special between us the first time Lola and I met, and after a couple years of trying and failing with Lola (she just HATED the show ring no matter what she tried), she finally offered to let her come home with me, and here she will remain for life!

- Willow, my old gal, and inspiration. Another Afghan I rescued a year and a half ago now, thinking I may have a few months before she left me, we just celebrated her 16th birthday, and while her heart is starting to fail, she's still going strong, and I could easily see her celebrating 17! Almost unheard of for Afghan Hounds, 12-14 years is about as old as most of them get if you're really lucky, but she's a rare case where she came to me with her AKC and microchip registration, so I know exactly how old she is, and just find her to be the most incredible dog!

- I also currently have a foster Afghan, Yuri. We're guessing he's around 12 at the youngest, and will probably live out his life in my home. He's got alot of health problems after 12 years of neglect, I've been working slowly with him getting his muscle build up, and getting some of his health problems under control. He's one of the worse in 30+ years of Afghan rescue my friend that runs the Afghan rescue I'm fostering him for has ever seen. It's tragic, he's such a loving guy - And spent 12+ years in a back yard. Only time will tell if he "pulls a Willow" and far outlives our wildest dreams.

I also share my home with 4 cats - 19 year old Ragdoll Sophie, and Sphynx cats Osiris, Haley, and my one eyed wonder, Athena.

I help alot of rescues out, so I often have other fosters, but for now I'm taking a break, and enjoying my own pack, with the 2 fosters I figure will live out their days in my home.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!