View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
OMGosh! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying... not at you but your story was so well written I felt like I was right there!

I also had extreme snake phobia, and I still don't like strange snakes in my face, not crazy about ones I know in my face for that matter.

I've done a huge amount of thinking on this subject... of my snake fear. It all boils down to the fear of death...by snake. Once I realized they normally do not kill people, I lost the fear and/or worked through it... the very traumatic part of it anyway, the part that immobilizes me.

So I will tell you what you need to know. If a big constrictor starts to wrap tightly around your neck (deadly situation), you need to start at the tail end and unwind it, or tell people to help you do this to get the snake off. This will save your life.

If you come across a snake in your yard, grab a trashcan lid (one with the handle in the center), you can block any strikes with it, or your umbrella. Then back slowly away from it.

The majority of snakes eat rodents. If they bite your hand and don't let go right away, if you carry water, pour some in it's mouth, it will let go. If you don't have water, remain still. It will not eat you. As soon as it realizes you are not a rodent, it will let go.

Don't try to pull your hand out of it's mouth, their teeth point towards their thoat and it will make the bite worse. Or if you are with friends, they can slide two credit cards between your skin and the snake's teeth. Once the credit cards are blocking the teeth, you'll be able to slide your hand out.

I've had worse bites and infections from dogs and cats, and they are much more painful. Now if you've read this post, even subconsciously these tools will be in your mind, and in an instance of extreme fear, you'll remember how to get yourself out of a dangerous situation. Snakes may hurt you, but they can't kill you when you know what to do.

OMG Seriously!!!???? You have this written out so calmly. If one bites my hand I will surely die! At least from a heart attack!! And I am just guessing but I think Jeanie will be the same way!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!