View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
GeorgiesMomma
I love TBCG!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescuemomma View Post
But I must say for everyone who thinks I'm a hero - I'm not. And I feel totally defeated now As much as I will always be pro-rescue, if and when I feel like I can let another York into my heart and my life, I must admit, I think I'll be seeking out a healthy Yorkie from a respectable breeder. I don't think I can take loosing it after just a few days like this again And sadly, that's always a risk with rescues, you never know what abuse, neglect, and horrors they've suffered, what they've been exposed to, or what genetic problems they may have. They need and DESERVE good loving homes, perhaps even a little more so then well bred Yorkies that have never known and will never know what it's like to want for anything, but I just don't think I could take the heartache of another rescues again, at least not now. Maybe in a few months I'll feel differently, for now I think I need a break from owning Yorkies. I need to find a home for little Tink, the 2 year old I rescued. Now more then ever, I know I can't keep her, she needs someone to love and cherish her, and my heart just isn't into giving her that.
You were a hero to Benji and Lily. I know this is so hard for you. It will take time to help you heal. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Read About Georgie's Experience with Atlantoaxial Instability (AAI) Here!
GeorgiesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!