View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
I'm no help...because I would be rude back. Or I'd just look at her and say, "That's rude" and walk off.

On a side note, I had a neighbor that did this to me--her constant was stopping in the car if I was outside and yelling, "look at that big ole butt," and she really didn't take the hint that she was the only one that thought it was funny. Finally one day she caught me on a bad day and I snapped back, "Better to have a big butt than be the nosey neighborhood B**** that everyone hates." (Which was sadly true.) Years later, jokes on her--I dropped 100 lbs and SHE is the one that porked up. I ran into her not long ago and she was complaining about not having any clothes she could fit in anymore. I politely told her I had some old clothes that were just way too big for me now and she was welcome to have them if she wanted. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I would just ask her if she is deliberately trying to hurt my feelings because ALL women know that this does, whatever their age, unless they have dementia or some such brain disease. Just look her in the eye and ask that and maintain that eye contact throughout your exchange. When she begins to defer and tries to deflect, tell her that she knows, just like you and all other women, pointing out perceived weight gain in another woman is hurtful and you want her to stop now.

I think it is always best to confront attempts at bullying in any form up front and be willing to challenge them on their territory. You do not have to be nasty or ugly about it, just open and honest that you aren't having it. If you don't, over time she may escalate her game and ruin your day time after time.

Last edited by Princes mom; 09-18-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Princes mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!