View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
LOL I have fallen for a cruise scheme from a travel co wanting to sell vacation packages. Never again and Ive gotten many calls about cruises too
Oh, I'm too scared to respond. I heard that they can use a response to sign you up for all kinds of weird things like changing your L.D. service or charging your credit card for things you didn't order and nonexistent trips, cruise, etc. I don't know if any of that is true or urban legend that simply responding can mean trouble but it was enough to keep me from ever responding to anything like that.

It's funny, I was ordering something on an 800 number phone call and this guy told me I had won a cruise after the sale was done, info exchanged, etc., and I almost panicked. He kept pressing and I threatened to cancel the order if he kept on! You could tell he was wondering what was going on with me but I was so scared they were going to rope me into something now that they had my credit card number, I did think quite a few times about calling back and trying to cancel the order and/or cancelling my credit card. But I've heard so many awful stories about winning cruises I was an idiot about it. Thankfully, nothing bad did happen and no strange charges showed up on my credit card and I got my order with no problems and that poor guy is probably still shaking his head wondering what in the world set me off. It's funny now when I think how worried I was!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!