View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #15
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Dentals here average $300-400 which includes pre op blood work. Have you thought of maintenance by anesthesia free cleaning, since she won't let you clean her teeth? It only costs about $20 per visit. They gently scrape off any tar tar, & also teach you how to properly hold them while you brush (between your legs, they can't wiggle!). I used Houndstooth Dental, anesthesia free Dog Teeth Cleaning, Dog & Cat Teeth Cleaning they work out of a holistic vet office here. The vet sees your dog's teeth 1st & ok's it, not all anesthesia free cleaning places do this tho (it depends on where they work out of). But once she has her dentals done (since anesthesia cleaning goes deep into the gums to clean), this might be a good maintenance option to keep her teeth clean. Mine got it done earlier this year (except Momo, he's got to go under by the end of the year=/) & I've been brushing their teeth every night while I watch my programs. It's become a routine where they seem to enjoy it too. GL to you
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!