View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
Samuelsmommie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Trust me, I completely understand. I was brought up the same way and had it drummed into my head to respect my elders and I teach my children this same principle. But I have also found out along the way that there are times when you have to think outside the box so to speak. By that I mean that just because someone is older does not mean that they are wiser, smarter etc. Age also does not give you a license to belittle, put down, humiliate or be down right rude to someone just for the "heck of it" or to make yourself feel better about you. I did feel guilty after I responded to my MIL the way that I did so I told my husband and he said "Well she shouldn't have called you fat". I say if your mother says check her on it and they are of the same age then you need to say something. You don't have to be rude, their are always ways to say things without hurting people's feelings. But if you allow it to continue she will think it's "ok" and get worse and may catch you at the wrong time and you may unintinonally hurt her feelings badly.
Sorry your having to deal with this....

Tracy~~ Kalisi Hope ~~
Samuelsmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!