View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Default May be getting more then I bargained for

Keep your fingers crossed I'm wrong, but I'm concerned Lily may be pregnant (the shelter I pulled her from doesn't spay them first when they're being pulled by a rescue, they just ask you send proof of spay/neuter or a letter from your vet stating why it's been delayed within 30 days). I could be wrong, but something isn't right, I'm not noticing her tits/vulva swelling, but her abdomen is definately swollen, and when I palpate her I feel "something" that I'm thinking may be a couple puppies inside her I'm going to take her to be rechecked by the vet on Friday, but I noticed she was thicker in the middle when I got her and mentioned that to the vet this past Friday and he didn't seem to think much of it......I'm really hoping she's not, at her age she doesn't need to be having puppies, but with the other problems we're addressing right now, I don't want to put her through surgery yet either, her bloodwork was just a little off, probably due to neglect and dehydration, but my vet and I both want to see her settled in and in a bit better condition before worrying about putting her through surgeries. Keep your fingers crossed that there's some other explination for this, and Lily isn't pregnant! Since we're guessing she's at least 10, and not in the best body condition right now, I don't know if she can physically handle raising a litter!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!