View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
Their insurance was cancelled after the payment and my parents (88yrs/89yrs) are now unable to get homeowners insurance except through the Massachusetts General fund and are unable to get any coverage for dog Bites even through a separate company or rider. They were told they only way to get private homeowners insurance again is to euthanize the dog or get rid of it. While I agree it was my Dad's fault for leaving the gate open it still is a sad situation.
That's pretty common. Once you have a dog that has bitten once, you will be hard pressed to find an insurance company that will insure you--unless you either get rid of the dog, or sign a waiver with them stating that you will be 100% financially responsible if the dog does it again.
I don't think you should be owed SQUAT if you are breaking into someone's home or trespassing and are bitten! I can't really see how that would every hold up in court. I know that laws differ from state to state and here you have NO claim to anything if that happens.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!