Thread: Dog Hair Gel
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I am trying to grow out Jackson's visor cut. I hated how it would grow back in and over his eyes like a ... well, like a visor.

So the groomer cut a bit of the middle piece and parted it to the side and told me to continue to 'train' it to go to the side and that I could use a little gel.

I am needing more shampoo/conditioner anyways and LOVE the Chris Christensen sample we had tried a while back, and there is a current deal for their It's a 10 shampoo/thickening/conditioner pack for $25. They also sell this: Styling Aids for Pet Grooming, Show Dogs & Cats thick n thicker volumizing gel. I did not know if this is too much for what I need. I literally just need a dab to start pushing his bangs to the side like a part in the middle.

Any suggestions?
The voluminizing gel is not used for topknots, or to "stick in"errant hair. It is to be used on the body of the dog, well to give volumne to the hair.

For now you can use something as simple as vaseline. Then you can try out some different products made for "sticking in errant hairs" into the topknot. There is a product called Stick em up. Plush Puppy also makes one. Another trick you can try is "Clear Mascara". Just like growing out our own hair bangs, you got to go through the "uglies" but in another 2-3 months you will have trained the hair and it will grow a big longer and be easier to manage.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!