View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Smile We started a new class at the Dog Training Center

Well we started our 3rd course at the Fieldwood Dog Training Center here in our town. Katie Scarlett took puppy kindergarten and Basic Training/Manners with them. We took the summer off, but decided to start back up this fall. We decided to try a new class they are offering called 'Canine Cool.' It is a refresher course mixed in with a few new things. We will go over basics again, cover new advanced tricks, bonding exercises, intro to scent tracking, intro to agility, and working on socialization skills. It is a 7 week class. We had our first class last night. I was so afraid Katie Scarlett was not going to do too good because she hasn't been in a class in over 6 months and I'm ashamed to say we haven't practiced as much as we should have. But wouldn't you know it, she did fabulous! She remembered every command we had covered before. So the motto 'what a puppy learns, an adult remembers' was so true! I was so proud of her! Of course she was the only little dog in there. All the other dogs were big. But there was another big Mastiff that has a small dog at home and they bonded. I can't wait to go back for the next class! Although, everyone I tell about the 'bonding' part of the class just laughs at me. They say if KS and I were any more 'bonded' we would be attached! LOL.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!