View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
Also think about any other profession, human Dr's, Vets, etc. Some are very good, some are absolutely hopeless and in some professions such as Drs, Vets etc their mistake can cost a life as well. they are schooled, certified licensed but that doesn't mean they are any good. You still have to use your head when conferring with any professional whatever that you are looking for their service.

I agree....I can not help but think it is incumbent on the INDIVIDUAL to get referrences and thoroughly check out ANY professional they "hire" to provide a service to themselves, their families, and their pets. I have used an unliscensed groomer that had been grooming dogs since she was 16 years old....she could have done it blindffoded, with one hand, and using a weedeater and nail clippers! She was NOT licensed. She had NOT been to a grooming school, because she could not afford to go to a trade school.....she made a smashing success of a grooming business for herself....all without a license. You must place the correct amount of caution and concern when you hire anyone to do anything for your pet...just as you do for your family. I have seen first hand, licensed people, from dieticians, RN's, Physical Therapists, up thru docs and anesthesiologists, pump techs, vets, groomers, etc that all have licenses....but they would NOT be MY "go-to" guys if I was looking for their services. Licenses do not guarantee an acceptable level of perfection we expect for our loved ones....they may be a starting line, but they dont represent the level of expertise we place on "having a license".
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!