View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I sit here watching UT evacuated following a bomb threat. I fear it will take a mass disaster like this, to actually play out, with mass casualities, that will give the vital importance of securing the borders a whole new meaning....and it will perhaps be seen as a genuine concern about terrorists simply walking across the border, un hindered, rather than strictly a subversive attempt to keep "day workers" out! It is sooooo much larger than that! As far as what is going on in the Arab countries.......I grew up in all those areas, Kuwait specifically, as my father was in charge of Getty Oil Company's Middle East operations. Back in the 50's and 60's, an American Embassy was sacred ground in any foreign country....NO ONE DARED TO THREATEN AN AMERICAN EMBASSY or tresspass on American Embassy property, or GOD FORBID, DESECRATE THE AMERICAN FLAG. That is clearly no longer the case. We were always told if anything goes wrong in the country, get to the American embassy....YOU WILL BE SAFE THERE! How tragic for the Ambassador and the men that were sacrificed with him. I agree with lynzy, please travel with caution.....to see this current atmosphere in that area, as anything but smoldering dynamite sitting under a keg of gun powder, is to take a relaxing trip down DENIAL. Be cautious and vigilent and prayerful.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!