View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Warning about traveling...Just to be safe

To all my YT friends as you all know, it appears that the uprising against the US in the mid east/asia etc, is spreading like wildfire. Now is the time to be extra vigilant regarding traveling. Be sure to check flights etc. I am from a military family, live in a border city and the DOJ, including ICE and the FBI are stepping up security around here.

I am not trying to alarm anyone, I am just stating out of genuine concern to be vigilant and plan ahead...we don't know how this is going to progress and what security measures may have to be taken. My understanding is that there is always a possibility, atleast here, that some borders can/may be shut down if things get out of hand. Now let me stress nothing has been issued regarding this but it is obvious here in NY that safety procedures and measures are underway...so. If you are going to be out of the US (especially in the hotspots)and borders are closed, however remote this may be...you want to have enough $$ to hold you over till you can re-enter....Again, this is not to alarm, I trust the security of the USA enough to say that I'm sure we are being protected; however, I also had many friends stranded in Canada during 9/11....

Also, my daughter is overseas...keep her in thoughts and prayers...I am in worried mode...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!