View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Today marks one week since surgery. Since Columbo has been through this before, he is pretty good at getting around on 3 legs. Yesterday, he began "toe touching" with his injured leg, and today he is really starting to put weight on it. He still has a pronounced limp, but is definitely making progress. I would say his recovery has been on track with the first leg, maybe even a little better. He just finished 2 of his 3 meds and just has the anti-inflamitory left. He has been pooping regulary since he came home from the hospital, which is amazing since the meds can have an effect on that. The part that amazes me is his positive attitude. He can't wait to go on (short) walks, he's been playing with toys, etc., and he doesn't seem to let his knee problems get in his way. What a trooper! This has been an expensive venture with both knees. But we never hesitated doing it for him, even though we wished it wasn't as costly. And seeing how well he recovered the first time, and hoping the second knee recovers as well, I have never regretted it. I would say he was 110% on the first knee before the 2nd one went out, so hopefully this will be the same. I definitely feel it was the right choice to go to an orthopedic surgeon, rather than have his regular vet do it (no offense to the regular vet - he is wonderful). The surgeon said he has done hundreds of these and that has to play a part in how well things have gone so far.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!