View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I am heavily involved in biewers as a show exhibitor and small home breeder. I breed for my next show prospect. This does not necessarily mean the ones I place as pets are "lesser" than one I've chosen to keep. It may be they didn't have the attitude for the ring be it too shy or too independent.it may be a structural issue which in no way affects the dog as a pet.

I use Pat Hastings evaluations as a tool for breeding stock. Sorry I know that term offends. I've been to seminars. I have seen the best structured puppy...she evaluated in a litter also have a deformed right leg, but structurally she was perfect for breeding. I think providing an evaluation to a pet owner may lead to alarm where none is needed. No, I'm not sending out a pup with three legs...but I don't want a pet buyer to be alarmed to read, for example, shallow chest and believe it is a health concern.

I am now also doing volhards temperament testing...although to be honest most of it can be readily observed by a breeder who studies, observes, and watches her pups.

As far as pet pricing, I would expect to spend $1500-2500 here in the US and females are usually more in demand. I wouldn't spend over $3500 for a pup with breeding rights and that is from highly experienced show home reputable breeders.

I prefer to place mine in in forever homes...

Last edited by bchgirl; 09-11-2012 at 02:35 PM.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!