View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
YorkOfTheShire
BANNED!

Default Don't Sit With Dogs in Hot Cars!!

I was thinking today of all the poor dogs who are "left in cars" while their owners go grocery shopping or to the mall, etc...only to die. It got me thinking that the word "left" shouldn't really be in the equation (in my opinion). =/

I have seen people in parked (not running) cars with dogs at the grocery store (waiting for their spouse or friend who is inside the store I would assume) - for long periods of time - and I have said something every time.

Please note that this is worse than leaving the dog by itself in the car - do you think somehow the dog is cooler because your body is parked in the seat too?

...the climate in a car doesn't get cooler or more tolerable with a person in the car unless the car is running and the a/c is on!

If nothing else - it's worse for the dog as it's hotter in there with a human being in the car and worst of all if they're holding it in their lap which adds body heat to the equation.

Please leave your dogs at home - where it is (hopefully) climate controlled - when you go shopping!

(I never cease to be amazed at the lack of brain activity in some otherwise healthy individuals)

Last edited by YorkOfTheShire; 09-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.
YorkOfTheShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!