View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
luvlee
YT Addict

I'm training Lucy to go outside. We've been working with her all summer. She just turned 7 months.

She was doing fabulous until the family went away and Lucy stayed a few days with the breeder. He kept her with her cousins in a lined ex-pen. After that, she had a few accidents.

Turned out to be OK, however. We have Lucy back on track to go outside. However, she'll also use the pad - particularly in the middle of the night. I leave a pad by my closed bedroom door. She climbs down off the bed on her puppy steps and b-lines to the pad. This doesn't happen often but when it does, I'm glad she has the option to go on a pad.

Generally I want Lucy to go outside all the time. Lucy can hold it a long time and is presently restricted to my kitchen while we're out. So far, no accidents while we're out. Only once or twice at night and she hits the pad.

So, you probably can train to do both. I'd only put the pad down when you want your pup to have that option. Otherwise take it up. Your baby must learn to go outside all the time without the option of the pad.

Good luck. Tracey
luvlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!