View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Confused Pee pad to outside

Hello Everyone: I have a question for those of you who have used puppy pads. I have Wallee using a pee pad if he is in the kitchen during the day and we are away. We have started to give him a little more space while we are home and he still wants to use the pad even though I take him outside often. If I don't put a pad down, he will still go over to the spot where the pad usually sits. (I actually started to put the pad there as it seemed to be a spot he chose). I have used the cleaning products out there for getting rid of the smell so think it is just the area he choses. My question is this. I am going to start training him to ring the bell by the door to go out. Will this encourage him to give up the pads or am I confusing him giving him the option? He is turning 6 months old on Wednesday and he is great when he is in the crate. He sleeps for 8-9 hours at night but seems to go pee very often during the day when he is active. I am hoping that his frequency of peeing during the day will subside some when he is old enough to be fixed and his bladder matures?
Any input from those of you who have raised these little puppies is appreciated.
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!