View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
MommaChaos
Yorkie Talker

Default New puppy coming- lots of questions

My list of crazy questions.. I'm trying to research and learn everything before my baby comes home (Saturday !! ) . I haven't had a puppy for 10yrs and she is a large breed (lab) so she was bigger when she came home than my shorkie will be mature.. lol!

1. I read on the sticky thread that it was suggested to give Nutrical after breakfast and before bed while they are still little. Does everyone do that until they are a certain weight? Our breeder suggested white karo if she showed signs of crashing but should I do it preventatively as well?

2. I don't mind her sleeping in bed with us but figured i should probably wait until she's a bit bigger and has more bladder control before I attempt that. For now, I was going to put a playpen beside the bed with her bed & a potty pad in it. Is that okay? If I hear her, I'll get up and take her out but I'm not sure how vocal she's going to be about potty time. lol.

3. My baby is only 1lb 9oz right now so with a tiny bit more growth over the week, will still be less than 2lbs. How many times per day should I feed her ? 3? 4? Do I need to leave any food down in the playpen for overnite or can she go all nite w/o eating?

Okay I know I have more questions but that's all I can think of off the time of my head.. lol. Anxious to get her but I want to make sure I know everything to do! LOL!

Thanks so much!
Kelly
MommaChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!