View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
georgepie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 036

George is a 3 lb. like your baby. I brought him to "puppy kindergarden" for dogs 18 weeks and under back in June because he barks his head off at every single dog he sees including pit bulls..SIGH.

He was around 5.5 months at the time. He was the only small toy dog in the entire class of 10 other large to medium size dogs. The smallest dog there was 20 lb. and the largest was 70 lb. can you imagine a 3 lb. yorkie baby running with 10 big puppies between 20-70lb? It was a sight to see and he did get in there probably scared half to death.

The two training people told me to just walk away from him when he was trying to hide behind me from the other dogs. There were 5 large dogs literally ON my baby at once. George was on his hind legs with his little arms in the air trying to protect himself. He did well and they can manage with very large dogs but I thought the whole class it was over the top for a 3lb. baby. I just accept that he barks at other dogs he is perfect in every other way anyways and likes people except children.

Anyway.. I only brought him for that one class and didn't return because his bones are so tiny and I thought it was too much and not necessary for George to be running around with huge dogs like 10x his size and my yorkie is too beautiful and precious imo to be running with mutts.

Its your call really they are quite capable with large dogs. That was my experience I just didn't feel comfortable with the large dogs.

Last edited by georgepie; 09-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.
georgepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!