View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
myteddybear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Lost 2 yr old girl to massive seizure

Hi all, I haven't posted in ages but I am hoping to pick ya'lls brains a bit. I'm sorry if this goes all over the place but I am so upset.

This past Monday we lost our Rosie to a massive seizure. It has been a blur and I am beside myself trying to work out what went wrong. I was
Hoping you all could just give suggestions because I am not sure I can heal from this until I figure it out.

We awoke Monday morning to find Rosie in her crate unable to move with any control of herself. She couldn't control any part of her but did try. We rushed her to the vet who said she was in a seizure. Who knows how long she was that way.
They took her right back, hooked her up to an IV, gave her valiume and took blood tests. We left her for the day with frequent phone calls to the vet.

I had to go out of town for the day to pick my daughter up in another city but hubby stayed home to make sure he was there for Rosie. By the end of the day the vet said that nothing they were doing was working and she had only gotten worse with the seizure never having stopped and by 5:00 recommended that she be put to sleep. My husband went to be with her and bring her home. He called me and told me but before I could process it and think he had brought her home and had her buried in the garden.

All of her blood tests were normal With the exception I think of the kidney just being slightly raised but not over the normal range. They could find no reason for what was happening and nothing they were doing was stopping it and it only got worse through out the day.

Now home and my girl already burried I am desperate for answers. I have run every little thing over in my head and searched the Internet and just can't figure it out.

These are the things I can think of but really she never had any problems in her short 2 and half years.

1. She had a purtruding sternum that we noticed from the time she lost her baby fat. We'd asked several vets and none gave it a second thought. Could it have been more?

2. She has always yipped when picked up even very carefully but nothing could ever be found to be wrong but was always fine otherwise.

3. She wasn't a normal yorkie in her eatin habits as she was always a good eater.

4. She was eating, drinking, peeing and pooing normally right up until Sunday night. She had one bout of diarrhoea about 2 weeks before which was gone the next morning and one time she was salivating. I thought she was hungry and needed something in her belly so fed her and didn't see her do it again.

5. Also around that same time she had a bout of crying as though in pain. I checked her over and found she had a matt I thought might be pulling her skin. She had her bath a brush out and the matt removed and she didn't do it again.

6. She is raw fed and has been for just under a year now. She has never had a problem at all with it and always ate and pooed perfectly but now running all this over in my head I wonder if she had an underlying shunt or something that the high protein could have agrivated. But she never showed any symptoms that I can tell. The only thing I can put a finger on at all was that her pee was always a darker color than my other dog but not so different I thought much of it.

If anyone can make any sense of any of this or has any ideas I can explore I would greatly appreciate it. If I can think of anything else I will post it. Sorry, if I am all over the place in this but my head is in a fog and I miss her so much, I just can't believe she is gone.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!