View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
zaknnana
YT Addict

Default Trying really hard with Lily & Sophie!!

Any advice from anyone would be so helpful for me right now!! I am really getting worried that Lily is not going to accept this puppy?? She shakes all over and gets so nervous and snaps at her bad!! We keep them apart but we also try to let them be nose to nose holding each one and when we try to put them together on the floor Lily wants no part of the puppy!! It has been over two weeks. Lily sleeps with us and puppy sleeps in crate downstairs so Lily still has run of the house and basically is the "queen" with us!! I don't know if I am doing this all wrong or if there is a right and wrong?? Could it be because they are both female?? I can't return the puppy and I fully understand that they can't risk taking her back after I have had her away from their kennel. I paid $800 for her but that is totally not the issue I just had hopes they could get along and Lily would like her and they would both be happy dogs!! It is not a matter of "money" I can afford to have two dogs and take care of their needs that way. My husband and I are both retired. I don't want to give the impression that I am trying to unload an unwanted puppy or adult dog either one!! I am just worried if this doesn't get better one or the other is going to have to go!! I would have a really hard time giving Lily up, she will be 5 years old in March and she is like my baby!! We travel back and forth from WV to AZ and Lily has always been fine doing that with us too. She is a great dog but she is just down right mean to this puppy in "her house" I guess?? I hate to see her so miserable!! It breaks my heart but I don't want her to hurt the puppy either!! Lily only weighs 3-1/2 pounds herself and the puppy is about 1-1/2 pounds!! Lily can be tough though!!lol
THANKS for anything any of you can tell me to do that might help!!
zaknnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!