View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I saw the thread, read the rules.....

maybe it's just me, but I would much prefer a ..."these were the rules....these highlighted sections are changes to the rules". How am I supposed to remember what the original rules were and take note of the distinctly new rules if they aren't made distinct in some manner. The gist of it seems the same as always.
The main changes that can affect personal interactions are noted in red below. We did revamp the rules in their entirety (clarified, shortened, deleted, added words) which is mainly why I suggested reading them *all* again as a refresher. That said, the biggest changes were here:

C. Personal Interaction & Consequences

1. Please be civil and do not personally attack members, their opinions, their knowledge, or how they care for their dog. It is NOT acceptable to call any member a troll, a pot stirrer, or a bully. If you disagree with a member's post - you must reply respectfully; if unable to do so, you should not post. YT will not allow rude, snide, or disrespectful remarks towards fellow members. If you have only criticism and nothing constructive to add to a thread - then DO NOT POST. If you have ongoing conflict with a member, you may place them on your ignore list. It is not allowed to publicly declare whether a member is placed on 'ignore' - any posts stating such will be deleted and could result in consequences.

2. New members will be treated with respect, patience, and extra understanding. All yorkie owners at YT were “new” at some point; new members come to YT hoping to learn about their dogs and they want some support, patience and kindness while learning and sharing. If you are a member who cannot offer patience and understanding to new members or during sensitive topics, then you should not post on applicable threads. If you break this rule - your posts will be deleted, your access to the applicable section(s) may be removed for up to 30 days or indefinitely, and/or you will be suspended.

3. If your personal interactions are deemed problematic, attacking, badgering, snarky/snide or anything similar, (via forums, PMs, chat etc.), your account may be suspended for 1-4 weeks. If you try to circumvent this by creating another account, both accounts will be PERMANENTLY BANNED. For more serious offenses, you may be banned from YT immediately, rather than suspended. If a member causes ongoing problematic issues in a certain section of YT, we may disable the member's access to that section for 1-4 weeks; if it continues, access will be removed indefinitely.

4. For any subsequent offenses, you will be suspended for a longer duration of time as appropriate to the offense. If offenses continue, you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED from YT. We do not allow discussions of suspensions or bans of any specific member, or discussions regarding former members of YT. Please note, the duration and type of all consequences are at the discretion of the Admin and Moderators and are dependent upon each member’s individual situation and history.

5. If someone attacks you via a PM, report it to us - DO NOT RETALIATE, or you may risk suspension. Do not delete the PM and do not respond. Immediately report the message; we will verify the message was indeed sent by that person and appropriate action will be taken.

6. Private messages are not for creating arguments, attacking, badgering, or for trying to influence people against another member. Nor are they to be used for spamming of any kind, or for advertising other forums or commercial items. If you receive a PM that is spam, a solicitation of any kind, or a message offering something for sale - PLEASE, report it to Admin immediately. Inappropriate use of PMs will result in a suspension or ban.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!