View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
GeorgiesMomma
I love TBCG!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
I just read the updated rules. They seem to me to be a bit more direct, that is good, some people don't understand diplomacy or subtlety.
I think the real purpose of Yorkie Talk is to create an on line community that educates, shares ideas and experiences about Yorkies. We can help each other. No one understands Yorkies as well, as another Yorkie lover. One thing that jumps out to me is that new people are not always given advice with kindness. Over and over I see the same people blast new posters. Not just one or two times, they do it to most new comers, and they do it too often, for it to be accidental. It may be because they lack social skills, are bitter because they made a lot of mistakes, they are looking for someone to blame (like breeders in general) because their Yorkie has health problems, don't know how to express themselves in a nice way, or even a lack of writing skill. Maybe it is up to the rest of us, to keep the help and conversation going with the new poster. I know I have made some awful mistakes in the past. Once I knew more, I made better choices, hopefully the new poster will too.
I think I needed the reminder to choose my words a little more carefully. True there are trolls, pot stirrers, and stupid people but, name calling is simply not nice. Name calling certainly does not encourage a helpful exchange of ideas.
I think I am right all the time. I sometimes forget there are very few absolutes. I want to talk you into believing the way I do, and if I can't convince you, well you must be wrong, right ? um Opps! guilty of it.

I am thinking the new rules are pretty simple, they remind us of the golden rule, you know the one, do onto others....
All the above

Read About Georgie's Experience with Atlantoaxial Instability (AAI) Here!
GeorgiesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!