View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Default Luxating patella / torn ACL

Hello. I just picked my baby up from the surgeon's office. He had his second knee operated on. May 1, he had surgery on his right knee for a torn ACL and luxating patella. He will be 9 in October and weighs 8 lbs. He had never had problems with his knees until a couple months before his first surgery when on 2 or 3 occasions, he limped, but was fine the next morning. Then in late April, he jumped down from the couch and limped. It was not better after a couple days, so he went to the vet, who said it was his knee cap. He said he could do the surgery or he could refer us to a surgeon, who was much more experienced. We chose the surgeon, which turned out to be a very good choice, as he also diagnosed a torn ACL. Columbo had surgery to repair both and had a great recovery. After 4 months, he was 110%, but about 10 days ago, he lunged at a dog and was limping again. My first thought was he had re-injured his leg, but no, it was the left leg this time. I knew instantly it was the same thing and he was not better after 2 days. So I went directly to the surgeon this time and yesterday he had surgery on the left leg. Exactly the same thing again. I had read that the other leg will often go out in 6 months, and sure enough it was only 4 months. We were told as a puppy that he had bit of luxating patella, but never a problem until now. I believe the surgeon said he graded him a 3. Hopefully, his recovery will go as well again.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!