Thread: Sibling Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Sweet Girls
YT Addict

Ok, I just had to share. I adopted Charlee (my yorkie) just over 2 years ago. Now, she and my Schnauzer have accepted each other, and I would say both recognize and look for each other...but have not really achieved a "buddy" relationship. Today, however; for the first time since I've brought Charlee home...they have had a real play interaction with chase, growl and play bow all in a row...lasted all of 5 minutes, but for me was the most amazing 5 minutes ever!

I wanted to share for three reasons:
1. although I told myself I was bringing Charlee to be Georgie's companion, the truth is I wanted another dog...and Charlee was really for me.
2. as much as I wanted Charlee and Georgie to be best buddies...what is more important is that they live in harmony together...I can't dictate their relationship any more than they can mine with my friends Some dogs hit it off, some tolerate each other, some would rather live alone (usually a socialization issue in my opinion)...But living together in harmony is all you can expect, everything beyond that is simply icing on the cake!!
3. never give up...sometimes simply tolerating each other can grow into a better relationship (love if you will).
Sweet Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!