View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
GeorgiesMomma
I love TBCG!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
Taylor your post is not true at all, first off just because you spend $1,000 or more on a dog does not guarantee that you will get a healthy dog. Have you ever heard of lymphangiectasia, if not look it up. Well I bought a yorkie and paid over $1,000 from a well known yorkie show breeder, here is her web site About Us (although I don't think she is active now) My dog came from one of her dogs that came from Roberta Rotenbach, ever hear of her, if not goggle her name and you will see she is about the most respected yorkie breeder of all times. But my Duffy at 4years was diagnosed with this odd hard to control disease. Another dog I got from Karen wound up with an inoperable tumor on her spinal cord at around age 8, I don't blame Karen because serious medical issues crop up in expensive dogs as well. My next dog came from another show breeder and I paid out the wazzoo, and he had a sensitive stomach and pancreatis from early on and the most whacked out personality that made life with him extremely unpleasant. I think checking local shelters is a great idea, many people will tell you that their best dog ever was a pound puppy; can they come with health issues, sure, but from first hand experience I know they can come with expensive dogs from reputable breeders as well.

Just because someone does not want to spend or have the money for a $1,000.00 dog does not mean they will not spend money for vet treatment when necessary. I did not want to spend big bucks when I got Lola but most people would tell you it's not because I could not afford to it's because I choose not to. I would venture to say that most people that care about their pets find the money somehow to treat them regardless if they got them for free or spent $1,500.00 on them. I get the impression from your posts that you are not a rich person yet I know you have always managed to find the funds to take care of Callie, so why would the OP be any different than you.

Read About Georgie's Experience with Atlantoaxial Instability (AAI) Here!
GeorgiesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!