View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
luvmymonkies
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom1970
Hi Heather!

I use puppy food, milk replacer (formula) and chicken baby meat. (gerber or beech nut) I soak the hard kibble in warm water for a while, and add it all together and mash, mash, mash! I keep it "soupier" at first and gradually thicken it. I add a bit of hard puppy kibble later on in with the mush and just let it float in with it. Eventually you'll have lil' maddie eating like a queen! Start her out by licking off a spoon or your finger. I've even put some in their mouth or on their mouth if they didn't take to it at first.
That is what I've planned on so far. My vet also said to be sure to use Gerber or Beechnut chicken or beef. I've been using goat's milk, water and puppy gold for her formula now. I planned on using the goats milk with a little puppy gold in place of the milk replacer formula. What are your thoughts on that? For now, I've been introducing her to a shallow dish (actually a plasticware lid...lol) of water. She's still a little unsure about what's going on there, but I think she'll get the hang of it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!