Thread: Sibling Rivalry
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
SLewis024
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Sibling Rivalry

About a month ago I adopted a 2 year old special needs (although he doesn't know it) Shih-Tzu. London, my yorkie, turned 5 the day before she became a big sister. I have tried so hard to get them to get along. They don't fight but they are VERY jealous of each other getting attention. Rufus tries SOOOOO hard to get her to play but she wants NOTHING to do with him. They don't snuggle, play or sit with me at the same time unless I make them and they growl at eat other. No biting or anything. once in a blue moon they play tug for about 2 seconds. He'll slam her out of the way to get attention or toys. They're good with food because they know London gets everything first. I walk them together and I will walk them on a coupler so they can fall into a pack formation, i take them to the dog park, i tried using treats as bribery to play. I have tried everything I've read to do with them. Aside from hiring a trainer for $150 per hour. Most of the day they just ignore each other, and they're both VERY GOOD DOGS, but I want them to have fun together. What can I do? Any ideas? It's almost like London doesn't know how to be a dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!