View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
barbielb
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Please Help!! Missing Yorkie!!

Please Help! We are on vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida and my sister has lost her yorkie- Teddy. She went to take him out this morning (Sunday, Sept. 2nd) to potty and when she opened the door of the condo he saw a cat and chased after it in our complex- Gulf Highlands Beach Resort (between Front Beach Rd & Middle Beach Rd).

We have been out all day putting out flyers & talking to everyone we see. We've called the local humane society, etc. but unfortunately most places & vets are closed today & tomorrow- for the Labor Day holiday. We are very fortunate that Gulf Highlands Beach Resort is a very dog friendly neighborhood and everyone has been so nice and helping us spread the word.

He is micro-chipped. Unfortunately he was not wearing his tag with my sister's contact info. We had just went shopping the day before at a specialty dog shop and she bought him a new black leather collar and had his name put on it- with the slide-on rhinestones spelling out his name- "Teddy." She is blaming herself for not having him leashed before she opened the door and not having his regular collar with his ID tag. In a split second our family vacation has turned into a nightmare. We are all devastated- especially my sister and her 12 year old son.

Teddy is 6 years old & approx. 12 lbs. He is silver with a gold face and wearing a black leather collar with rhinestones spelling out "Teddy." I've attached a picture (hopefully it posts).

ALL help and ideas are greatly appreciated. I've posted on facebook on the local page "Lost and Found Pets of Bay County, Florida" and "Panama City Pets Lost and Found." There have been 39 "shares" so far. And I've posted on twitter too, but no response yet. I've checked the local online newspaper classifieds, etc. but nothing yet. So I thought I'd post here on YorkieTalk and ask for any & all help, ideas, etc. because I know everyone here is so great with help. We are extremely worried because this is a vacation area that is crowded for the holiday weekend and someone from out of town may have picked him up that wouldn't know how to contact us- and may take him home with them.

Thank You so much for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Please Help!!  Missing Yorkie!!-teddy.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!