View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
makemepretty
YT 500 Club Member

Default Natalies Wee Yorkies

I have thought long and hard about posting this review. The review I should have posted 5 years ago actually. Sometimes it's the safer route to keep quiet and not say anything bad but who does that help?

I had some concerns when I first purchased my baby but a long time member with loads of posts PM'd me many times and basically persuaded me not to say anything bad about this breeder because she was a nice person. My experience wasn't the norm I was told and there must have been some misunderstandings. That member I see has since been banned.

Let me start with how I wish YT members would share their breeders. Maybe now they do but back then it was like pulling teeth to try to find out where they purchased their puppies from. Who doesn't want a cute small yorkie? But we all want healthy cute small yorkies....that's the hard part. I foolishly thought that a long time breeder that other members had purchased from, even if it cost an arm and a leg would save me much heartbreak and money in the long run. Better to pay now than later!

I saw a cute ad for one of Natalie's puppies. I e-mailed her and was told she was still available. I called about mailing out a deposit and was told the price had raised $500 more than she told me because she just couldn't go as low because of how much her puppies were in demand. This was $4,000 now $4,500. Which I will tell you is a couple months of our income but I wanted a yorkie for over a decade and saved and saved. I mailed out my money. Then a few weeks go by and I'm called to be told my puppy is getting larger than she expected so she's going to give me a more expensive puppy instead and sends me pictures(this one was on her site for $6,000). I'm thrilled. A couple days go by and she calls and tells me that she can't sell me that one because someone will pay MORE for it and that the original puppy is now slowing down in growth. I express my hurt saying that's not fair at all. She says she will still sell me the more expensive prettier smaller one. More time goes by(she keeps the puppies till they're a couple months old because of their size) and I'm then told my puppy had passed away, she had a bad bunch of vaccinations. BUT she has another one that is just what I'm looking for. That's the one I ended up with. Lots of flags but she had my money and I've waited so long, I'd been scammed before and honestly, my heart couldn't take the let down anymore. If ANYONE says she's not in it for the money, read the above and then tell me different.

Fast forward to getting my puppy and I'm told she had a problem with her tail but it's clearing up but it's bald and the hair will grow back. She is cute as a button. Then we all catch ringworm. She has a small cough but that goes away.

She was the love of my life(besides kids and hubby) but she did have some small problems. She had a cottony coat, constant bad breath, and now I find out AAI, which is why she only lived to 5. I did let Natalie know and her reply was that it must have not been that bad since she lived that long. She did offer me a puppy for $800. I can't risk that heartbreak again. AAI is genetic.

I have not seen any negative reviews but comb through the boards and you will find enough references to many many health problems with her dogs, references to being told they should pay more, dogs getting way bigger than she said. She almost went out of business once. Don't let anyone tell you it's not a money making venture. Check the amount of litters(although I do see her prices are about half now). My baby was 3lbs 10 oz. That's not too far off the norm of 4-7 lbs. She was a very sweet baby.

Yes, I am to fault too. I saw red flags, I paid too much. Believe me, I did not come out scott free in this. My heart is broken. I'm a genuinely nice person so I'm really easy to take advantage of and I'm gullible. I'd been scammed before. I believe what people tell me. Remember though, I have no reason to lie or exaggerate. I've been a member since 2006 and I stopped checking the board because I didn't want to end up with a 4 or 6 pack like many others. I am not a breeder, just a pet owner. I had a chihuahua who lived to be 12, a Pekingnese who lived to be 12, a long haired chihuahua who lived to be 15. I'm a long term pet owner/lover.

I'm not saying that she is not a nice person or doesn't love her dogs. Just that you need to think really hard(harder than I did) if you are thinking about purchasing from her.
makemepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!