Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Fancysmommy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptitx View Post
Hello Everyone

Do anyone of you have this so called Puppy Apartment

Modern Puppies - Potty Training a Puppy

I have a 13 week old baby, he is not housebroken yet.

I am surrounded with lots of big dogs and when we went out today i noticed that two of the dogs know how to climb the fence.. so i am afraid to take him out.

if anyone of you have this crate do let me know if it is a wise investment

Thank you
I bought this for my Yorkie when I first got her. She loves this thing! I found a MUCH cheaper but still high-quality bed that fits perfectly at Petsmart (instead of the very expensive one that you can buy from Modern Puppies). It did not take her very long to become potty trained, maybe a month before we were comfortable letting her running around the house. She is almost 9 months old now and has only had one accident in the house for about the past 7 months. (And then, it was when we moved into a new house where there had previously been a cat...she got a pass But I will say that if you can find a crate with the divider, it may work just as well, because I felt the PTPA was pretty expensive. I think the main difference is the hole in the divider that allows your puppy to wander over whenever they need to. I have had my puppy since she was 10 weeks old and I've never, at any time, taken her outside in the middle of the night. She also has gotten to the point where she does not potty in the crate at all. She goes to bed between 9-10 at night and we take her out around 6:30 or 7 in the morning. I can't tell you the last time she pottied in the crate. Also, you can buy those plastic watering things at Petsmart (the thing you'd put in like a rabbit cage-I can't think of what it's called). But she has one of those larger ones that attaches to the crate and that way, she always has fresh water. We use that, instead of a bowl because it's cleaner and it won't get in the way while your puppy is figuring out how to use the crate for potty training...I know this was a long reply but I hope it helps!
Matthew 5:16
Proud to be chosen by a Yorkie!

Last edited by Fancysmommy; 08-30-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Fancysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!