View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Yeah I knew not to use a mat comb. You told me that before, as did Nancy.

Do you have any Madans that are tiny and stiff?

I found a small brush at the house but it has the balls on the tips. I remember you also saying not to use those? I forget why though.
Madan has the firmer cushioned smaller version of the regular sized pin brush, but it still has the same length pins. If you've got a wiggler like Momo, it can be very dangerous as you can accidentally poke their eye w/the pin.

The problem w/the brushes w/the balls at the end is that it can snag the hair between the ball & the pin & pull out the hair. That's why you end up w/ frizzy hair & the pup not liking brushing time. It's best to brush w/a brush w/pins only bc it penetrates the hair & tangle w/out damaging the hair.

I have the CC wooden pin small brush & those are much safer for the face area, but I still don't use it for Momo, he hates it. Kristin (Maximo) sells the wooden pin brushes.

For eye crusties, Momo won't let me go near him w/a comb either, so I just use a damp baby wash cloth every morning & wipe it off. He doesn't get goopy eyes tho. Like Dawn mentioned, you can try a flea comb or a plastic comb if Scrappy will let ya.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!