View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedsMom View Post
Grrr. This just makes me upset. The same thing happened to my Jed at the "fancy" pet babysitters! Picked him up after 4 days - 3 nights and he had some crusty stuff on one side and around his mouth. The gal handed me his bed and told me they had to wash it because he pee'd on it. WHAT?
That's NEVER happened before. Got home, bathed him and sure enough...he was throwing up this yellow bile gunk! THAT is what was on his bed NOT pee!!! Took him to the vet and was told it was stress. She said to let her know whenever I had to board him again and she would have to give him some pills for stress to keep this from happening again. sigh. My boy doesn't do well without his momma!
Symptoms of colitis are mucousy stool sometimes diarrhea w/blood, sometimes mixed in or @ the end which indicates lower intestine inflammation. Colitis is inflammation of the colon.
Throwing up yellow bile means that your pup has an empty stomach. Once all the yellow bile is projected, they throw up white foam. If they tend to throw up yellow bile in the early mornings, feeding them a small meal or give them a treat b4 bedtime. Some do throw up yellow bile just from anticipating food, so having a routine schedule for feeding times are important.
In case of my Turbo, he has an intolerance/allergy to pumpkin, so anything w/pumpkin or pumpkin seeds in it will make him throw up his food (sometimes) or if he's able to hold it down, he'll throw up yellow bile.

BTW, I find it VERY strange that your vet is going to prescribe pills for throwing up yellow bile. My vet told me about empty stomach, so she told me to just give them something to eat...

Last edited by mimimomo; 08-30-2012 at 08:36 AM.
mimimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!